Representing the next evolution of the wildly popular EFR9174, the EFR9274 is a brand new release for 2019 from BorgWarner Turbo Systems. The all new EFR9274 is intended for applications which will push a turbo to the limit with high boost and critically high turbo shaft speed. Recommended for competitive drift and time attack applications, this unique turbo was designed specifically by BW engineering to combine the high flowing 91mm compressor exducer with 72mm compressor inducer to allow the same footprint to breathe a LOT better up top. RPM Capabilities have also been improved with higher pressure ratios acheived at lower turbo shaft speed. Using the same 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel from the EFR9174, this turbo flows an impressive 106lbs/min of air at 125k RPM maximum shaft speed.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 72mm
- Max Flow Rate: 106 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
Using Borg Warner’s 72mm inducer billet compressor wheel, the 9274 houses the 7 blade extended-tip EFR compressor wheel design with an aggressive trim, capable of 106 lb/min airflow rate. Ceramic Ball Bearing only. We strongly recommend using an EFR Speed Sensor if you plan to run to the limit.
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 74mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka 3″ V-Band) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
The EFR 9274 is available in (4) different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 Undivided (Internal WG) #12741008000
- 0.92 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (Internal WG) #12741008001
- 1.05 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741019002
- 1.45 A/R T4 Twin Scroll (External WG) #12741008003