ATOMIC 998GT-A Ford AU 4L SOHC Short Engine
MY2014 Atomic 998GT-A Short engine specs
• Ultrasonic tested block in 24 spots per block – thick walls are required (we reject approx 4 in 10 for being too thin due to core shift – like Cleveland blocks)
• Phase 11 crankshaft preparation – magnafluxed, checked for index/stroke, 2 stage Heat treatment (normalise and stress relieve), lightened counterweights, cross drilled main journals, reground/indexed as required, micropolished journals and chamfered oil holes.
• Cosworth F1 Series pistons – 8.5: comp ratio and include coated skirts, anti detonation bands, polished crowns, H/D pins and piston crown cooling – an Atomic exclusive. Totally silent operation.
• Cosworth nitro carburised steel turbo rings
• Atomic billet FatRods #306201 – bushed for floating pins, ARP2000 bolts, cylindrically ground/honed tunnels and pressure fed gudgeon pins – an Atomic exclusive.
• ACL Competition bearings with extra oil feeds for little end bushes
• Fully machined block inc torque plate honed cylinders, decked to crank centreline, main saddle alignment checked etc
• Race spec clearances to suit the intended usage
• Atomic Induction hardened crank sprocket
• Precision balanced
• Atomic Billet gear oil pump – complete with EDM cut chrome moly gears, billet end plate (hard anodized), Grade 10 fasteners, high flow bypass circuitry and blueprinted clearances.
• Fit new brass welch plugs
• Atomic main cap support girdle and windage tray – specify BA-BF or FG-on
• Spray block grey (or any other colour you prefer)
• Precision blueprinting and assembly of short motor
• Supply detailed specs of completion of engine and run-in procedure sheet
• 12 months warranty
A 998 GT-A short motor comprises a race prepped block, heat treated crankshaft, Atomic billet FatRods with pressurized oil feed to the gudgeon pins, forged pistons with crown cooling, turbo rings, coated competition bearings, Atomic main cap girdle/windage tray, hi temperature silicon rear main oil seal, blueprinting, balancing, and precision assembly, ready for the fitment of your head, sump and accessories.
Fitting one of our engines to a non-original application is no problem with our Retrofit Series. No need to use the original Ford computer, harness and gearbox, just hook up your choice of turbo or blower, add your favourite ECU and you will have the baddest 6 powered car around!
And you have the option of either an engine built to your requirements or we can rebuild your own… the choice is yours!
Atomic engines and components are engineered, dynoed, track tested and fully warranted to give you confidence you won’t be let down in the heat of competition