ATOMIC 698GT-A Ford BA-FGX 4L DOHC Short Engine
A short motor comprises a race prepped block, heat treated crankshaft, Atomic billet Superleggera conrods with pressurised oil feed to the gudgeon pins, forged pistons with crown cooling, turbo rings, coated competition bearings, windage tray, hi-temperature silicon rear main oil seal, blueprinting, balancing, and precision assembly, ready for the fitment of your head, sump and accessories.
Fitting one of our engines to a non–original application is no problem with our Retrofit Series. No need to use the original Ford computer, harness and gearbox – just hook up your choice of turbo or blower, add your favourite ECU and you will have the baddest 6 powered car around!
And you also have the option of either an engine built to your requirements or we can rebuild your own… the choice is yours!
MY2014 Atomic 698GT-A Short engine specs
• Ultrasonic tested block in 24 spots per block – thick walls are required (we reject 4 in 10 for being like Cleveland blocks – too thin in spots due to core shift)
• Full crankshaft preparation – magnafluxed, checked for index/stroke, 2 stage Heat treatment (normalise/stress relieve and temper), reground/indexed as required, micropolished journals and chamfered oil holes.
• Cosworth F1 Series pistons – 8.5: comp ratio and include coated skirts, anti detonation bands, polished crowns, H/D pins and piston crown cooling – an Atomic exclusive. Totally silent operation.
• Cosworth nitro carburised steel turbo rings
• Atomic billet Superleggera conrods #306200 698kW – 6.060” C/C, bushed for floating pins, ARP 2000 bolts, cylindrically ground/honed tunnels and pressure fed gudgeons – an Atomic exclusive
• ACL Competition bearings with extra oil feeds for little end bushes
• Fully machined block inc torque plate honed cylinders, decked to crank centreline, main saddle alignment checked etc
• Race spec clearances to suit the intended usage
• Atomic Induction hardened crank sprocket
• Precision balanced
• Atomic Billet gear oil pump – complete with EDM cut chrome moly gears, billet end plate (hard anodized), Grade 10 fasteners, high flow bypass circuitry and blueprinted clearances.
• Fit new brass welch plugs
• Spray block grey (or any other colour you prefer)
• Precision blueprinting and assembly of short motor
• Supply detailed specs of completion of engine and run-in procedure sheet
• 12 months conditional warranty
Atomic engines and components are engineered, dynoed, track tested and fully warranted to give you confidence you won’t be let down in the heat of competition.